Email Address: Email Me
373 South Willow Street #109
Manchester, NH 03103
The American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI)
The American Freedom Defense Initiative is a new organization launched by Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer. Our objective is to go on the offensive when legal, academic, legislative, cultural, sociological, and political actions are taken to dismantle our basic freedoms and values.
AFDI acts against the treason being committed by national, state, and local government officials, the mainstream media, and others in their capitulation to the global jihad and Islamic supremacism, the ever-encroaching and unconstitutional power of the federal government, and the rapidly moving attempts to impose socialism and Marxism upon the American people.
It acts against these evils by:
• Organizing grass root small groups at the local level to fight specific Islamic supremacist initiatives in American cities – e.g., the November 2009 Rally for Rifqa Bary in Columbus, Ohio, which called attention to the dangers apostates from Islam live under, and to the threats to religious freedom that are advancing in the U.S. right now
• Sponsor anti-jihad bus and billboard campaigns to counter CAIR’s pro-Islamic bus and billboard campaigns
• Organizing counter protests to anti-Israel, anti-Zionism demonstrations
• Touring the country on Freedom of Speech in the Age of Jihad tours – bringing the best, clearest voices to national attention
• Building strategic alliances with activist groups in Europe and Israel to engage in open and stealthy counter jihad measures
• Raise awareness of the depredations of Islamic supremacism not just through articles and conferences, but through activist initiatives – e.g., the effort to supply a memorial for honor killing victim Aqsa Parvez, whose body lay in an unmarked grave. This initiative resulted in memorials being constructed for Aqsa in Canada and Israel, and heightened awareness in the West of the horror of Islamic honor killing
• Supporting Geert Wilders and others who are fighting attacks on free speech by the Leftist/Islamic alliance
• Promoting candidates who understand state’s rights and the necessity to limit the power of the federal government [as legal status permits]
• Promoting candidates who fight against the march of Islamic supremacists [as legal status permits]
• Calling attention to specific acts of capitulation and collaboration to Islamic supremacism by government and law enforcement officials, and pressing for the reprimand and removal of those officials;
• Targeting infiltrators of our federal agencies and seeking their removal
• Articulating and defending a firm Constitutional basis for genuine limitations on the federal government and the rights of the individual states
• Defending the value of private ownership and firmly opposing the nationalization of U.S. industries
• Defending the rights of the private citizen and opposing everything that increases his status of serfdom to the state.
To achieve these ends the Freedom Defense Initiative will:
• Act through the existing Atlas Shrugs and Jihad Watch websites (which had a combined 22 million page views in the last twelve months) to raise awareness of pertinent issues, using our base (Jihad Watch 30,000 page views per day, Atlas 25,000 page views per day, combined page views two million per month) to build a movement;
• Create state organizations that address these issues on a local level (Atlas and Jihad Watch readers will likely head up sub-organizations in each state identifying local issues, targeting specific situations, and developing action plans to fight on the local level);
• Issue Action Alerts through the not inconsiderable reach of Jihad Watch and Atlas Shrugs, calling people to take a specific action — whether it be to contact their representatives, write against a nominee (i.e., Harold Koh), attend a hearing, call a rally, etc.
• Hold seminars featuring as speakers key defenders of freedom;
• Host conferences that educate Americans about Leftist indoctrination and Islam’s quest for domination;
• Host rallies to demonstrate the awareness and power of the American citizen;
• Publish books that support our objectives;
• Act through all possible means to create a large-scale resistance to the forces that are moving rapidly to destroy American Constitutionalism and capitalism.
• Turn readers into effective activists who build their own networks in their communities. They either run or put up candidates to run in school boards, precincts, to get back that what was squandered. All politics is local — and that’s where we must start.
bioPamela Geller is the founder, editor and publisher of Atlas Shrugs.com and President of the American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI) and Stop Islamization of America (SIOA). She is the author of The Post-American Presidency: The Obama Administration’s War on America, with Robert Spencer (foreword by Ambassador John Bolton) (Simon & Schuster); Freedom or Submission: On the Dangers of Islamic Extremism and American Complacency; and Stop the Islamization of America: A Practical Guide to the Resistance (WND Books). She is also a regular columnist for World Net Daily,the American Thinker,Breitbart.com and other publications.
Geller’s activism on behalf of human rights has won international notice. She has led awareness campaigns in U.S., Europe, and Israel on behalf of the victims and potential victims of honor killing, for the human rights of apostates from Islam, for the freedom of speech, and more. She has placed ads nationwide on buses, taxicabs, billboards, and in subway stations, calling attention to the plight of victims of Sharia and countering the deceptive and misleading ad campaigns of the Hamas-tied Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and other Islamic supremacist groups.
In May 2013, she was awarded the Guardian of Freedom award by the Nassau County Federation of Republican Women. The Queens Village Republican Club, the oldest Republican club in America, honored Pamela Geller as the “American Patriot of the Year” in February 2013. That same month, the Creative Zionist Coalition gave her the Queen Esther Award for Jewish Heroism. Pamela Geller also received the Annie Taylor Award for Courage in 2010 from the David Horowitz Freedom Center. In October 2011, the United States Marine Corps presented her with the flag flown on September 11, 2011 over Camp Leatherneck, “amid the battlefields of Afghanistan during decisive operations against enemy forces in Helmand Province.”
Pamela Geller has been the subject of a profile on 60 Minutes, and of cover stories in the Sunday New York Times Metro section and the UK’s Independent. The Times also published an in-depth interview with her. She has made appearances on NBC Nightly News, ABC, CNN, AP, Reuters, the Sean Hannity Show, the Bill O’Reilly Show, Red Eye, Geraldo, the Mike Huckabee show, and other shows on the Fox News channel. She has been featured in the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, the Village Voice, the Daily Mail and the Telegraph.
Geller’s articles and op-eds have been published in the Guardian, Fox News, The Washington Times, Big Government, Big Journalism, Human Events, The American Thinker, Newsmax, Hudson NY, Pajamas Media, Israel National News, World Net Daily, FrontPage magazine, New Media Journal, and Canada Free Press, among other publications.
Geller is a frequent guest on talk radio and has regular segments on two radio shows, The Jaz McKay Show and Jamie Allman In the Morning. Geller has been a featured speaker at the David Horowitz Freedom Center’s Restoration Weekend and at numerous Tea Party and pro-freedom events across the nation.
Pamela Geller has broken numerous important stories — notably the questionable and illegal foreign sources of some of the financing of the Obama campaign , the anti-Semitic posts on Obama’s website, Obama’s political organizing in public school classrooms, ACORN’s destruction of Republican voter registrations, and many more, but perhaps she is best known for her leadership of the nationwide campaign against the Ground Zero mosque.
Pamela Geller began her publishing career at The New York Daily News and subsequently took over operation of The New York Observer as Associate Publisher.
Biography: Robert Spencer
Robert Spencer is the director of Jihad Watch, a program of the David Horowitz Freedom Center, and Vice President of the American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI). He is the author of thirteen books, including two New York Times bestsellers, The Truth About Muhammad and The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades) (both Regnery). Recent books he has written include Did Muhammad Exist? An Inquiry Into Islam’s Obscure Origins (ISI) and Not Peace But A Sword: The Great Chasm Between Christianity and Islam (Catholic Answers). His latest book is Arab Winter Comes to America: The Truth About the War We’re In (Regnery).
Spencer has led seminars on Islam and jihad for the United States Central Command, United States Army Command and General Staff College, the U.S. Army’s Asymmetric Warfare Group, the FBI, the Joint Terrorism Task Force, and the U.S. intelligence community. Spencer is the Vice President of the American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI). He is a weekly columnist for PJ Media and FrontPage Magazine, and in addition to his books has written many hundreds of articles about jihad and Islamic terrorism..